Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide
The Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide combines adventure, discovery and relaxation in the famous tourist town of Ampefy, located 120 km west of the capital. Ampefy is a privileged destination for a short getaway of a few days or a weekend.
This tour organized in Madagascar by Madagascar Tours Guide starts from Antananarivo to reach Ampefy by driving either the National Road 1 or the National Road 7 to Sambaina before taking the National Road 43 that leads to Faratsiho, Soavinandriana and Ampefy.
- The places with strong tourist potential to visit during the Ampefy tour
- Visit of the city of Ampefy,
- Discovery of the Lily waterfall,
- Visit of the Geysers,
- Status of the virgin and surroundings (with a view on the lake Itasy and the center of Madagascar),
- Fall on the ancient crater of volcano (5 km)
- Activities proposed by Madagascar Tours Guide
- Excursion on the lake of Ampefy
- Mountain bike ride around the city,
- Adventure in paragliding
- Hike to the ancient volcano crater (5 km)
- Course of the Ampefy tour for seniors with Madagascar Tours Guide
- Proposal of the circuits adapted to the senior visitors
- The mode of transport adapted to the seniors,
- The activities that are suitable for seniors
- Why choose the Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Tours Guide?
- Main reasons to choose the Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Tours Guide
The places with a strong tourist potential to visit during the Ampefy tour
The visit of the city of Ampefy
The village of Ampefy is located on the Kavitaha, a spillway of the Itasy river, separated by rocky heaps to form magnificent waterfalls in rainy periods. Upon arrival, visitors can go to the market to buy typical fruits of the region, the unctuous avocado of Ampefy for example, or taste the local culinary specialty composed essentially of menus rich in freshly caught fish from the Itasy lake.
Discovery of the Lily waterfall
The visit of the Lily waterfall remains inseparable from the Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide. This waterfall of 26 meters takes its sources in the lake Itasy which was formed by an ancient crater. Formerly called Antafofo, this site changed its name in memory of Lily, the daughter of a settler, who drowned in the lake while walking on the banks. On the other hand, this site keeps its irresistible assets thanks to its magnificent landscapes.
Visit of the Geysers
This Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide includes the visit of Analavory Geysers, located 22 km from Ampefy. Unlike the volcanic geysers, those of Amparaky spring from the phenomenon of artesian wells and do not produce hot water. The geysers of Amparaky used to serve as a place of ancestral rite that would allow sterile people to have children or cure diseases.
Lake on the ancient crater of volcano
Besides the Lily waterfall, this Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide passes by the crater lakes of Andranotoraha located at 5 km from Ampefy and that of Ambatohasana. These sites are rooted on the crest of small mountains and are occupied by a calm and limpid water. Easy of access even for the senior visitors, Andranotoraha offers an impregnable sight on the part of the lake Itasy.
Small private beach on the lake Itasy
In spite of the distance from the sea, visitors will be able to bask and enjoy the sun on the small white sand beach of Lake Itasy. This exceptional site is accessible by taking the road towards the islet of the Virgin. An exceptional creek made up of refreshing and invigorating water is also near this small beach.
Activities proposed by Madagascar Tours Guide
Excursion on the lake of Ampefy
Madagascar Tours Guide proposes the tour of the lake by dugout canoe from the Islet of the Virgin. This activity is one of the most popular in Ampefy. It is also an opportunity to observe the wild ducks, to practice hunting, to meet the fishermen and to fish in authorized period. Take advantage of the passage between Ambohiniazy and Manazary to take pictures of the beautiful landscape during the excursion on the lake of Ampefy. Easy to access, this type of activity is particularly adapted to senior travelers.
Mountain bike ride around the city
The mountain bike becomes a very practical means of transport to realize a circuit to the discovery of the Malagasy highlands like Ampefy and its magnificent landscapes. Among the possible options during this tour: the tour of the village and the lake by mountain bike while crossing the green landscapes, the mountains, the rivers while passing by the geysers and the falls. The route can be customized according to the level of each participant.
During a 15 to 20 minute paragliding flight, visitors will have the opportunity to fly over the sky of Ampefy, enjoying the beautiful landscapes seen from above. This activity is however reserved to the amateurs of strong sensations and to the most audacious. This Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Tours Guide is an opportunity to live a unique experience in the sky of Ampefy in the company of a pilot instructor and an experienced guide.
Hike to the fall of the ancient volcano crater
Ampefy offers a wide range of hiking possibilities from 5 to 10 or 15 km. A 5 km hike from Ampefy to the crater lake of Andranotoraha is an ideal option for everyone, seniors or not. A hike from Ampefy to the waterfall of the ancient volcano crater of Lily plunges visitors into the middle of a splendid landscape. For a distance of about 9 km, the route requires a minimum of endurance.
Course of the Ampefy tour for seniors with Madagascar Circuits Tours
Proposal of tours adapted to senior visitors
For seniors, shorter tours and easy level are proposed. Among others, the circuit of hikes in Madagascar of less than 5 km and with low altitude difference as those of Andranotoraha and Ambatohasana, the excursion on the lake Itasy, the visit of the statue of the Virgin, the tour of the city of Ampefy… For the relatively distant sites such as the Geysers and the Lily waterfall, the trip is done in two stages: a longer stage by all-terrain vehicle and a shorter stage on foot.
The mode of transport adapted to the seniors
For this Ampefy tour with Madagascar Tours Guide, the seniors benefit from an exceptional treatment especially in terms of transportation. The hikes are generally limited to less than 5 km due to the difference in altitude. The objective is to make each visit less tiring but rich in discovery for people of a certain age. For a visit to a site located more than 5 km away, the additional sequence is done with vehicles adapted to the trails.
In case travelers wish to realize a private tour, without a guide, a car rental in Madagascar is also available. With its different types of vehicles adapted to the Malagasy tracks, Madagascar Tours Guide is able to meet this need.
Activities suitable for seniors
During the Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Circuits Tours, seniors can practice the following activities
- visit of the city of Ampefy (on foot and not more than 5 km)
- bike ride around the city,
- canoe trip on the Itasy lake,
- visit of the crater lake in Andranotoraha (3 km) and Ambatohasana,
- visit of the statue of the Virgin,
- visit of the Lily waterfall (part of the journey by car),
- visit of the Geysers of Ampefy (part of the journey by car),
- paragliding for the more daring seniors…
Why choose this Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Tours Guide?
By opting for this Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Circuits Tours, visitors will be able to:
- discover many particularly interesting sites in a shorter period of time (1 to 3 days tour),
- practice almost all activities that are usually only available in coastal areas (small beach, paragliding, bike rides, visit of exceptional sites…),
- take advantage of planned, guided and secure tours,
- choose among different tour formulas (short tour, personalized tour, solo tour, accompanied Madagascar tour in small group…),
How to book your Ampefy tour with Madagascar Circuits Tours?
By opting for this Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Circuits Tours, visitors will be able to:
To book an Ampefy tour with Madagascar Circuits Tours, travelers can
- contact Madagascar Tours Guide for assistance or additional information at Tel: +261 34 11 283 69,
- send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (the manager of Madagascar Tours Guide will answer you within 24 hours),
- visit the contact page: https://www.mada-tours-guide.com/contact/ of the Madagascar Tours Guide website and fill in the contact form below,
This Ampefy Tour with Madagascar Tours Guide is particularly advantageous for travelers who have only 2 or 3 days or a weekend to make an excursion around Antananarivo. Ampefy allows all categories of travelers to enjoy many activities of discovery and adventure within a radius of 150 km around the capital in Antananarivo.
For seniors, personalized tours as well as in terms of duration and length of the journey are proposed to them. The objective of Madagascar Tours Guide is to offer tours adapted to all types of visitors.
For all your projects of luxury tours in Madagascar, do not hesitate to contact Madagascar Tours Guide to have information and to book your trip.
The payment is done by bank transfer, check or paypal. A part of 25 or 30% of the price will be paid at the reservation.